DEADLINE: January 25th
At KONE, our mission is to improve the flow of urban life. As a global leader in the elevator and escalator industry, KONE provides elevators, escalators and automatic building doors, as well as solutions for maintenance and modernization, which add value to the life cycle of any building.
Through more effective People Flow®, we make people’s journeys safe, convenient and reliable, in taller, smarter buildings. Together with our partners and customers around the world, we help cities to become better places to live in. In 2017, KONE had annual net sales of EUR 8.9 billion and at the end of the year over 55,000 employees. KONE class B shares are listed on the Nasdaq Helsinki Ltd. in Finland.
KONE moves more than one Billion people around the world every single day with over one million elevators and escalators. Our elevators and escalators play a central role in enabling cities and buildings operate efficiently bringing safety and smooth People Flow for daily urban travelers.
Continued urbanization and rapid change in technology, especially in Asia, puts tremendous pressure for KONE to develop cutting edge solutions to ensure efficient flow of urban life.
Even more importantly, ensuring the safety and well-being of our employees, contractors, partners and customers is of highest priority. To execute this transformation, it is crucial that we identify and partner with the right companies with the right capabilities. Startups and entrepreneurs have shown us how passion and agility can bring new innovations to our industry much faster. This motivates us to look for partners from around the world to solve our real business needs and work with our brightest minds to co-create new solutions while learning from each other.
KONE Partner Pitching Day
KONE and Business Tampere will arrange the Partner Pitching Day for Tampere region companies at KONE’s People Flow Center on February 14th 2019.
KONE is looking for new partnerships from Tampere region to create new innovative solutions. The participating companies are selected based on sent proposals for the following challenge:
Challenge: Predictive maintenance for mechanics
Elevator mechanics are considered to be the parts in an elevator which enable the elevator car movement, but are not commonly visible to the elevator end user – as hidden in the elevator shaft or machine room.
Elevator mechanics consist of e.g. rotating pulleys with bearings, sliding elements for guiding the elevator car and reeved steel rope to enable hoisting of the elevator car. The various mechanical components are subjected to abrasion, fatigue and environmental strain.
We are looking for a partner to develop solutions for predicting the lifetime and service need of elevator mechanical components.
Please answer at least these in your presentation ( .PDF, PowerPoint or .MOV )
- Your company name, product/service, company turnover and number of personnel
- Who are your current customers?
- Describe your solution
- Your competitive advantage: why are you best in your proposed solution?
- Readiness state of your proposed solution: ready solution already – or if under development in what readiness state?
- What is the true value of your proposal to KONE? (Value proposition)
- What is the concrete project proposal from you to take your value proposal further?
- What would be needed from you and KONE to take your proposal further?
- January 16th: Deadline for questions about challenge. Please send your questions by email to Mika.Alvesalo(at)kone.com with title “KONE Partner Pitching Day Question”
- January 25th: Deadline for applications to the Partner Pitching Day
- January 31st: Company selections
- February 14th: The Partner Pitching Day at KONE Hyvinkää
Business Tampere provides a bus transportation to the event ( Tampere – Hyvinkää – Tampere )